[Moin-user] Extremely slow uploads

Jack Christensen jackc at hylesanderson.edu
Tue Jul 31 14:46:15 EDT 2007

I just installed MoinMoin. Everything seems to work great except
extremely slow uploads. An upload of 2k will take several seconds. An
upload of ~25k may take minutes.

I've searched and all I could find about upload problems was something
about binary files on Windows. I'm having difficulty with both text and
binary files and I'm on linux.

The server is on the same LAN so bandwidth isn't a problem. On the same
machine I have PmWiki (which I'm trying to migrate to MoinMoin), and it
doesn't have these upload problems so I don't think something is totally
messed up with the machine or OS.

Here's some info about the install:
Ubuntu 7.04 server 32-bit
Apache 2.2
Python 2.5
MoinMoin is installed from the source on the web site. Apache and python
are installed via aptitude.

Here's part of the Apache 2.2 config pointing to it:

    ScriptAlias /mywiki "/var/moinmoin/hacwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi"
    alias /wiki "/usr/share/moin/htdocs"
    <Directory /usr/share/moin/htdocs>
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all