[Moin-user] Problems configuring MoinMoin on Windows

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 11:54:38 EDT 2007

--- Mike Pritchard <mikep at 5circles.com> wrote:

> Hi.  I hope someone has some suggestions for my problem.  I've gone
> through
> the troubleshooting areas on the MoinMoin Wiki and can see similar
> issues
> but no resolution that seems to apply to my situation.
>

> I've installed the latest Apache (2.2), Python (2.5) and MoinMoin
> (1.5.8)
>

> The Apache server error log has the following 2 error messages:
>
> [Wed Jun 06 21:46:14 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 5)Access is
> denied.  : couldn't create child process: 720005: moin.cgi
>
> [Wed Jun 06 21:46:14 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 5)Access is
> denied.  : couldn't spawn child process: C:/moin/mywiki/moin.cgi

The message says Apache doesn't have the authority to read or execute
moin.cgi.

Which version of windows are you using?  Vista vs. XP, Home vs Pro, and
32 vs. 64 bit versions?  Is Apache set to run as a service?  If Vista,
you may have some luck by turning off UAC (User Account Control) for a
test.  The resolution to your problem is going to be dinking with the
permissions of the files and directories that Apache must access.

Roger Haase