[Moin-user] http authentication works with Apache but not MoinMoin

Geoff Mayes gmayes at vmware.com
Thu Jun 7 21:16:41 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to set up http authentication in MoinMoin 1.5.8.

I've successfully set up mod_authz_ldap authentication on RHEL5 on the /test
directory, which has the subdirectories htdocs, server, underlay, data, and
the file wikiconfig.py (e.g. the Apache 2.2.3 authentication dialog box pops
up when a browser accesses the site for the first time and I can authenticate
several LDAP users).

I've added these lines in wikiconfig.py:
from MoinMoin.auth import http
auth = [http]

I've also toggled "user_autocreate = True" on and off without noticing any
effect.

I've tried FastCGI and CGI, but both show the same behavior, which is that
even though http authentication occurs, MoinMoin does not show a user logged
in and the "Login" link is still at the top of all pages.

Is this behavior standard?  Or, what do the two http authentication lines in
MoinMoin do?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Geoff