[Moin-user] MetaData in MoinMoin (and SemanticWeb)

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Jun 13 09:25:12 EDT 2007

> Questions:
> 1.  Is there a standart Way to integrate Metadate into MoinMoin-Pages?

Moin currently uses some #xxx markup at top of the wiki pages for
metadata (like acls).

This is problematic of course, because
a) it only works for text pages (you can't have metadata for images this
way)
b) it makes metadata expensive to access as you have to parse the page
for it

Currently there is a Google Summer of Code student working on a storage
backend api / refactoring, so there is some hope that we'll have better
support for metadata in the 1.7 branch in some months.

> 2. What possibility  (Plugins/Makros) exist for now (with MoinMoin 1.5) to
> integrate Metadata and starting with creating a SematicWeb with MoinMoin?

If you want to code something new, you should wait after the storage
project is done. Currently everything is more or less a hack.

If you just want to define some metadata, you maybe can use #pragma key
value.