[Moin-user] Timeouts on editing pages

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Wed May 9 09:27:57 EDT 2007

> I've had a vague description on timeouts occurring when a user is editing a
> page. He clicks edit, starts typing away and then clicks preview or save
> only for the webserver to timeout. Just to eliminate possibilities, is there
> *anything* in MoinMoin that could be causing this behaviour? I find this
> very unlikely, but I have to ask anyway :)

Hmm, maybe broken reverse dns lookup? I have seen bug reports about long
delays related to that (although NOT timeouts).

Maybe just check if the IP of the client having the timeout resolves to
a dns name on the wiki server.

server: $ host 1.2.3.4  # <- IP of client

Recent moin versions are configurable to not do reverse dns lookups on
save (if you can't fix your dns). And a even more recent version even
fixed it for standalone server.