[Moin-user] Timeouts on editing pages

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:36:38 EDT 2007

On 5/9/07, Thomas Waldmann <tw at waldmann-edv.de> wrote:
> Hmm, maybe broken reverse dns lookup? I have seen bug reports about long
> delays related to that (although NOT timeouts).

I've had exactly this problem in the past, and fixing the DNS issues
made things happy again.

For a publicly accessible server on a NATted home LAN, accessing from
clients on the LAN via the external IP triggered this behavior using
MoinMoin 1.5.2.  I ended up running "dnsmasq" on the same machine as
MoinMoin and told my router to hand that out as the DNS server via
DHCP, and configured dnsmasq to hand out the internal addresses for
all the publicly accessible names.

MoinMoin has worked like a charm since.

  -Fred