[Moin-user] MoinMoin used for porn spam publication

Jean-Philippe Guérard jean-philippe.guerard at tigreraye.org
Wed May 9 15:47:18 EDT 2007

Hi Everybody,

I got a complaint yesterday from someone receiving porn spam with images
hosted on my MoinMoin wiki.

Indeed, some images had been attached to one of my pages.

Interestingly enough, the complaint was sent to two different web site
(mine and another one), both of them MoinMoin wiki, both of them with
porn attachments (from the same user StepStep).

This is quite an issue.

 - I'm subscribed to all pages of my wiki, but I don't get notification
   of added attachments.

 - As far as I know, it is not possible to limit attachments to a
   specific group of users or to filter them.

The only choice that was left to me is to disable attachments
altogether.

I think this is an important issue that should be dealt with.

 - Is there any way to deal with this better than I did?

 - Is there any upcoming security evolution to fix this?

Thanks.

--
Jean-Philippe Guérard
http://tigreraye.org