[Moin-user] Setup MoinMoin under Tomcat

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon May 21 05:59:12 EDT 2007

> I have setup MoinMoin under a Tomcat server and was wondering if anyone
> else uses MoinMoin under Tomcat?  I have searched for info/links on
> doing this but got absolutely nothing.

Never used this setup - maybe create a page on the MoinMoin wiki site to
share with other people.

> For people familiar with this configuration, one thing I’d like to know
> about: how can MoinMoin share account info with Tomcat?  For instance,
> if user “joe_blow” logs into Tomcat, how can MoinMoin know what
> permissions “joe_blow” has (read, edit, etc.).

Is this standard http basic auth or what does it mean to "log into
tomcat"? MoinMoin has a configurable auth function (e.g. for http basic
auth) and you can even write your own auth function if you don't find
anything matching.