[Moin-user] import another wiki dump

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Thu May 24 19:57:16 EDT 2007

George Georgalis wrote:
> Hi! I'm bringing over wiki content from another
> wiki, each page is a file of wiki source.
>
> The wiki source is close enough that I can work that
> out; but I'm not sure how to import the content.
>
> I don't know moin internals other than apache setup,
> what is the most direct way to import content?

I have a pair of scripts I use for downloading all
the content from one MoinMoin wiki and placing it in
another.

They are very simple, and allow you to slurp the
content of a wiki without requiring any special
privileges (they just use http access).

I'll attach them here in case anyone's interested.
FYI - I use this to copy a wiki onto a laptop
to take on trips.  It doesn't get attachments, however.

The outline is as follows:
 * use wget to get the title index into /tmp/title_index
 * for each line in the title index, get the page using getpage.sh
   * in getpage.sh, download the raw page text directly into the
   tempwiki page directory
 * remove the temporary title_index file

Undoubtedly there is a simple way to make this a single script
with a for loop or something instead of xargs, but I was
lazy and it worked.

Note that this is for an older MoinMoin setup.  Adjust the
wiki URLs and output path accordingly.

--------------- getwiki.sh ----------------
#!/bin/sh

wget http://tree.celinuxforum.org/pubwiki/moin.cgi/TitleIndex?action=titleindex -O /tmp/title_index

cat /tmp/title_index | xargs -n 1 /home/tbird/bin/getpage.sh

rm /tmp/title_index

#!/bin/sh

wget http://tree.celinuxforum.org/pubwiki/moin.cgi/$1?action=raw -O /home/tbird/tempwiki/data/text/$1

Regards,