[Moin-user] import another wiki dump

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Fri May 25 10:21:58 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 04:57:16PM -0700, Tim Bird wrote:
>George Georgalis wrote:
>> Hi! I'm bringing over wiki content from another
>> wiki, each page is a file of wiki source.
>>
>> The wiki source is close enough that I can work that
>> out; but I'm not sure how to import the content.
>>
>> I don't know moin internals other than apache setup,
>> what is the most direct way to import content?
>
>I have a pair of scripts I use for downloading all
>the content from one MoinMoin wiki and placing it in
>another.

Weird, it looks like your moin wiki content structure is different than mine....

>--------------- getwiki.sh ----------------
>#!/bin/sh
>
>wget http://tree.celinuxforum.org/pubwiki/moin.cgi/TitleIndex?action=titleindex -O /tmp/title_index
>
>cat /tmp/title_index | xargs -n 1 /home/tbird/bin/getpage.sh
>
>rm /tmp/title_index

>#!/bin/sh
>
>wget http://tree.celinuxforum.org/pubwiki/moin.cgi/$1?action=raw -O /home/tbird/tempwiki/data/text/$1

anyway, this command-line gets me there.

n=00000001; for f in trac.dump/* ; do a=$(basename $f); mkdir -p pages/$a/revisions ; echo $n >pages/$a/current ; cat trac.dump/$a >pages/$a/revisions/$n ; chmod -R ug+rwX pages/$a ; chgrp -R www pages/$a ;done

after copying the dump, I run this in moin data directory.

Thanks,
// George

--
George Georgalis, information systems scientist <IXOYE><