[Moin-user] search attachments - status !?

Sebastian Haase seb.haase at gmx.net
Tue May 29 08:56:10 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to install and establish a moinmoin wiki in our lab for
info / documents management.
It would be awesome if PDF files (and Word files [Excel !?] ) could be
searched from within the wiki.

I found this info page:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinTodo/ExtendedSearch/AttachmentSearch
which, however, dates back to Aug 2004 (zuletzt geändert am 2004-08-31
13:43:24 durch FlorianFesti)
Also the provided patch is for version 1.3 - and I'm scared to try it on 1.5.

Also I found this:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FeatureRequests/SearchAttachments
This is also more than a year old (2006-03-25 ReimarBauer)

The last page refers to Lupy - which (at a different place) was
commented on to be "not a good choice for moinmoin  since it appeared
not to be supported upstream "...

Could someone summarize the current status on this topic !?
Would it help - is it neccessary - to upgrade to the expermental (?)
1.6 version ?

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase