[Moin-user] Antispam for chinese spammers

Gnarlodious lists.gnarlodious at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 08:26:57 EST 2007

On 11/6/07, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> Another way to avoid some chinese spam (if your wiki does not have
> legitimate chinese-writing users) is to put some common chinese
> characters (words) onto LocalBadContent.

This is a poor solution because they can still create accounts, and
then create pages and fill the filesystem with unfinished folders that
were intercepted by BadContent. I am tired of logging into FTP and
deleting hundreds of random folders created by spammers.

BTW, you can see all scripted login attempts by running this Terminal
command on the access_log:
awk '($7 ~ /UserPreferences/)' access_log | awk '{print $1,$4}' | sort

-- Gnarlie