[Moin-user] Antispam for chinese spammers

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:04:28 EST 2007

On 11/6/07, Lukasz Szybalski <szybalski at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as chinese spam, I get around 4 new pages a day. I usually
> disable that user and delete the page.
>
> What are other option that can be used to fight that kind of spam?

I've implemented the EditorGroup suggestion from this email:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/moin-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00205.html

for a wiki that doesn't need to accept anonymous edits, and it's
worked out quite well.  The only real spam problem that wiki had ever
had was the recent growth of Chinese spam.

  -Fred