[Moin-user] user generation with mail confirmation

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Sat Nov 24 12:13:39 EST 2007

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 05:12:47PM +0100, KrisR wrote:
>I'm just about to install moinmoin. The aim is to give people in our
>institute place
>to write all possible useful tricks on using analytical instruments.
>I have nothing against All:read -- it's wiki, but I want to restrict
>write to "real" people.
>The idea I've got was: put acl Known:read,write etc.. but additionaly
>during user creation
>to send a confirmation mail with check if it comes from our university
>(for me then the users would be real enough).
>
>Unfortunately my knowledge of python finished somewhere in secondary
>school  - i.e. python is a non-venomous snake  ;-)
>Is there any implementation of "mail confirmation" for moinmoin
>available? That should be easy enough even for me to add domain-test.

so you have moin on a public ip, you want it readonly for the
internet, but internal people can make changes after they
register.

with a different wiki, I did something similar by using the same
"data" with two different apache directives. the url "a" wiki was
readonly, the url "b" access to the same wiki had read/write but
required htaccess.

that worked, but it meant maintaining htaccess files. in moin you
could do the same with group acl :)

moderated registration would be nice, maybe just set the moin
mailserver to the university mx, hopefully it is not an open
relay. :)

could be problematic if somebody changes their email address
domain...

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><