[Moin-user] captcha system for moin?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Oct 18 02:08:42 EDT 2007

> Hi folks.  As I'm sure most of you know by now, this problem is increasing
> dramatically in the last few weeks.  Big sites like redhat
> (http://sources.redhat.com/lvm2/wiki/RecentChanges), x.org and so on are seeing
> these wiki spams by auto-created users (XXXjingkeYYYY, caicaimmXX, and many
> others).  I run a small wiki for scons.org, and we don't have the resources to
> despam every day.  We need a captcha plug-in to prevent bot registration; we've
> already turned off anonymous editing but it doesn't help anymore.

What you can do and what will help immediately:

Create some EditorGroup page and put all trusted users on it.

Then use acl_rights_default = u"EditorGroup:read,write,delete,revert
All:read".

The group page will also get protected by this default ACL: only people
who are in EditorGroup can edit EditorGroup (to add more people).

For 1.6, I am working on kind of a "text captcha" system.