[Moin-user] user group pages as regular expressions?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 22 08:56:15 EDT 2007

Along with everyone else we've been noticing a lot of spam activity from
bots who are "registered users".  For the Python wiki we added a
BlockedUsersGroup to acl_rights_before which has no privileges.  That works
fine as far as it goes, but I think it only matches specific users.  Our
current page is:

    #acl AdminGroup:read,write,delete,revert,admin All:read
     * 521jingke889999
     * 521jingke6666
     * 521jingke66666
     * FaDian
     * AnyiDpnga
     * ku685sun3
     * baobs521

It would be nice if these usernames were regular expressions instead.  The
first three could be easily collapsed into one pattern.  I anticipate a lot
more of this bot stuff in the future, so being able to block them a bit more
broadly would be useful.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/