[Moin-user] AJAX editor preview function?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sun Sep 23 17:56:14 EDT 2007

Hi Fred,

> Does anyone know of an AJAX preview function for MoinMoin?

There is no such thing in the core code and AFAIK also no extension
doing something with AJAX.

> My own time availability is a little on the low side these days.  :-(

Well, our current development focus is to release 1.6 this year and
after that 1.7 (with quite some new code from SOC 2007) next year.

There will be lots of changes requiring lots of work, but, at least as
far as I am concerned, new stuff with AJAX will be rather unlikely as I
will work most of the time improving and cleaning up the core code of
moin (support for mimetype items, better storage backend, bugfixes,
etc.).

The cleanup and refactoring work will also have to include the
Page*Editor code (which depends on the merge of the storage branch,
because the first step of the cleanup already happened there).

Cheers,

Thomas