[Moin-user] List spamminess (was Re: Do we like the same books?)

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:58:36 EDT 2007

On 27/09/2007, Fred Drake <fdrake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/07, skip at pobox.com <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
> > I never see any of this spam.  My mail goes through gmail.com which seems to
> > catch most stuff.  Anything it doesn't catch SpamBayes running on my
> > computer does.
>
> I'm using just GMail for this, and it doesn't show that much of the
> Russian spam, but a couple a week get through.  This is much worse
> than for any other list I read via GMail.

I'm also using gmail (web interface) and I get quite a lot of the
spam. I've tried training on it ("Report as Spam") but it doesn't have
much effect. Whether that's because the list address is in my gmail
contacts, I don't know.

As others have said, the spam level in this list is far more than any
other technical list I subscribe to.

Paul.