[Moin-user] Adding new pages with a script?

Thomas tja at tja-server.de
Fri Apr 4 08:45:28 EDT 2008

Hello,
i just changed the "irclog" import script:

/../lib/python2.5/site-packages/MoinMoin/script/import # ls *.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  354 Jul  7  2007 __init__.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 3424 Jan  5 03:00 irclog.py
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 3229 Mar 14 10:41 files.py

/../lib/python2.5/site-packages/MoinMoin/script/import # diff irclog.py
files.py
41,44c41
< This script pushes files from a directory into the wiki (to be exact: it
< pushes all except the last file, as this is maybe still written to in
< case of irc logs).
< One application is to use it to store IRC logs into the wiki.
---
 > This script pushes files from a directory into the wiki
48c45
< General syntax: moin [options] import irclog [irclog-options]
---
 > General syntax: moin [options] import files [files-options]
53c50
< [irclog-options] see below:
---
 > [files-options] see below:
55c52
<        moin ... import irclog --author=JohnSmirh --file-dir=.
---
 >        moin ... import files --author=JohnSmirh --file-dir=.
61c58
<             "--author", dest="author", default="IrcLogImporter",
---
 >             "--author", dest="author", default="FilesImporter",
79c76
<                 #print "Pushing %r as %r" % (filename, pagename)
---
 >                 print "Pushing %r as %r" % (filename, pagename)
92c89
<                     p.saveText(acl + "#format plain\n" +
decodeLinewise(fileObj.read()), 0)
---
 >                     p.saveText(acl + decodeLinewise(fileObj.read()), 0)
98c95
<         #print "Finished."
---
 >         print "Finished."

Enough information?

I can now use the "moin ... import files ..." commando:

moin --config-dir=/../html/moin --wiki-url=wiki.example.org import files
--author=myself --file-dir=/POSTINGS/FILES/