[Moin-user] migrate command - 1.6.2 to 1.6.3

Poor Yorick net.sourceforge.lists.moin-user at pooryorick.com
Mon Apr 28 20:43:24 EDT 2008

Thomas Waldmann wrote:
[SNIP]

 > Easy migration steps are done in-place.
 >
 > If a complex migration step is done, we usually do something like this:
 > mv data data.pre-XXX
 > mkdir data
 > # and then convert old stuff from data.pre-XXX to data
 >
 >> I also don't
 >> understand where the script would get the idea that the data is already at
 >> level 1060300,
 >
 > Likely because you did not invoke it correctly and it maybe did not read
 > the right config, but the builtin one (and then found the builtin data
 > directory which is at the right level).
 >
 >> when the meta file in the old data directory says 1060100.  I
 >> guess at this point I could just copy the data files into the new data
 >> directory, but I'd like to understand how this works for future reference.
 >
 > You just have to call moin migration data correctly (and make sure
 > access rights are so that it can read/write). --config-dir and
 > --wiki-url are essential for finding the right configuration.
 >
 >> It's also a little mystifying to me that although only one of the --wiki-url
 >> values I tried was possibly correct, I got the same "result" with all of
 >> them:  "migration is complete"
 >
 > I guess your --config-dir was wrong. If you call it from the moin
 > directory, it maybe just has found its internal wikiconfig.py.
[SNIP]

Success.  I double-checked --config-dir, and it was correctly pointing to the
directory which contained wikiconfig.py for moin-1.6.3, so I decided to

	mv /path/to/var/moin-1.6.2/data /path/to/var/moin-1.6.3/data

and rerun the command

	/path/to/moin-1.6.3/MoinMoin/script/moin.py
	--config-dir=/path/to/etc/moin-1.6.3
	--wiki-url=www.mydomain.com/secure/wiki.cgi migration data

This time I got a better result:

	/home/pooryori/www/www Calling migration script for
	/home/pooryori/private/var/moin-1.6.3/data, base revision 1060100
	Returned. New rev is 1060200.

	Calling migration script for
	/home/pooryori/private/var/moin-1.6.3/data,
	base revision 1060200
	Returned. New rev is 1060300.

	Calling migration script for
	/home/pooryori/private/var/moin-1.6.3/data,
	base revision 1060300
	Final mig script reached, migration is complete.

Thanks for the help!

--
Yorick