[Moin-user] Migrating from 0.11

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:33:42 EDT 2008

Just to second what Thomas already said; upgrading to the later
versions of Moin is worth it.  Each new release get successively more
features that are not only nicer and more powerful for your users, but
also nicer and more powerful for you as the admin.

Rather than mucking with a "live" wiki server, I suggest setting up a
virtual machine (a free player from VMware or Virtualbox.org) and
duplicating your wiki onto that.  You can then take your time
upgrading, breaking, and fixing on that, getting everything working.
Once done, you can transfer everything back (after upgrading, of
course).

-Rick