[Moin-user] upgrade to 1.7.2 blocked, external cookie auth does not work

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 17:36:09 EST 2008

--- On Tue, 12/2/08, Michael Matthews <mjmatthews1 at rcn.com> wrote:

> From: Michael Matthews <mjmatthews1 at rcn.com>
> Subject: [Moin-user] upgrade to 1.7.2 blocked, external cookie auth does not work
> To: "moin Users" <moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 11:10 AM
> I am trying to upgrade from 1.5.x ri 1.7.2. Am using my own
> external
> cookie authentication method. I did post this before but
> did not have
> time to follow through. When user logs in authentication
> takes place,
> login id is displayed but pagetrail only displays current
> page. I was
> told this is a session failure. How do I debug this failure
> (which is
> silent as far as I can tell)?

There is a help page for 1.7 here:
   http://master17.moinmo.in/HelpOnAuthentication/ExternalCookie

Based upon your symptoms, a guess is either you are not setting a cookie, you are changing the cookie value with each page request, or you may be setting the cookie for the wrong domain.

If you have the Firefox browser witht he Web Developer extension installed, verify you have a MOIN_SESSION cookie and the value is consistent for multiple page requests.

Roger Haase