[Moin-user] Why oh why!

Zeth theology at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:38:13 EST 2008

2008/12/11 Pierre Coupard <ppc at alum.com>:
> Wow, way to mess up an analogy. Apple's MacOS is indeed notoriously bad
> at maintaining backward compatibility, because Apple wants to get rid of
> the old cruft. Microsoft however has an operating system that, however
> bad, still runs DOS software in emulation 30 years down the line,
> complete with the bugs of the time.

Apple breaks an extreme amount as it deprecates its own standards as
does Microsoft, however Unix programs written according to standards
30 years ago, can be made to run on both Apple and even Microsoft now,
due to both platforms increasing their Posix compliance.

How this applies to a wiki I have no idea.