[Moin-user] iis + isapi_wsgi + moin, circular reference?

John_Nowlan john_nowlan at carleton.ca
Mon Dec 15 14:07:22 EST 2008

> Thanks for doing pioneering work for IIS / wsgi. :)
I envision my skeleton being added to others littered around here ;)

> After line 37 change it like you see here:
>
>         except Exception, err:
>             logging.exception("An exception has occurred:")
>             self.fail(err)
Did that, and at first got a encode error from line 510 of init.py,
changed it to:
            self.path_info = path.encode("utf_8")

(based on http://docs.python.org/library/codecs.html - utf_8 encoding
exists but no utf-8 even though it is mentioned everywhere - don't ask
me to understand)

Very strangely, I now cannot reproduce this error.
I tried iisreset, even rebooting and now I only get this traceback:

---------------------------
# This window will display output from any programs that import
win32traceutil
# win32com servers registered with '--debug' are in this category.
Configured Virtual Directory: moinwsgi
Installation complete.
ISAPISimpleHandler.__init__
Enter HttpExtensionProc
Handler
add_cgi_vars
get_stdin
get_stderr
get_stderr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\Python25\lib\wsgiref\handlers.py", line 92, in run
  File "E:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\server\server_wsgi.py",
line 28, in moinmoinApp
  File "e:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request\request_wsgi.py",
line 41, in __init__
  File "e:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\request\__init__.py",
line 1453, in fail
AttributeError: 'Request' object has no attribute 'sent_headers'
send_headers

SendResponseHeaders
_write
A server error occurred.  Please contact the administrator.
_flush
Exit HttpExtensionProc
-----------------------------------

> See also logging configuration in moin.wsgi to find out more about
> moin's logging.

I've turned on all the debugging stuff I can find,

------------------
from wsgilogfile:
 [DEFAULT]
logfile=moinwsgi.log

# Default loglevel, to adjust verbosity: DEBUG, INFO, WARNING, ERROR,
CRITICAL
#loglevel=INFO
loglevel=DEBUG
------------------

but only ever get this in the logs:
2008-12-15 13:33:39,869 MoinMoin.log INFO using logging configuration
read from "e:\moin\wikis\add\wsgilogfile"

Any ideas?
I thought some base objects init method was not being called, but that
does not seem to be the case.
I thought that perhaps iis is multithreaded and there is some threading
issue. Am back to this one actually, since I can't find the base code
that I thought set multithreading, runonce, etc to false when it's a
wsgi app...