[Moin-user] Update 1.5.8->1.6.1 Categories disappeared

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Feb 18 12:36:14 EST 2008

> It seems that all Categories are now missing. The category links are
> there in the bottom of pages but when I click  a link I only get the
> general help page on how to create Categories.

Hmm, what exactly do you mean by "help page"? You do not get the content
of your category page? Is it the MissingPage content you get? Or
HelpOnCategories??

> Other problem is this (the links are in Finnish but you'll get the
> point...):
>
>  * [[VNTHY:n_DNS-nimipalvelu]]
>
> That link is interpreted as InterWiki-link:
>
>  * [InterWiki picture]n_DNS-nimipalvelu

Uhoh. We had this before (in some 1.3 or 1.5 version).

> But it's not the colon itself that is the problem, for example this is
> working ok:
>
>  * [[SMTP-reititys_VNTHY:n_verkossa]]

This only works because the part left of the colon is not considered a
valid interwiki name (does not match the regex [A-Z][a-zA-Z]+).

> How can I disable that totally useless InterWiki functionality?

No way, sorry.

And btw, this is very useful in general, just not for languages like
Finnish AND with false positives.

> Or is
> there some other way to format that link. There are 10's or 100's of
> links with a colon on it.

Try [[Self:finnish:word]]. Self is the interwiki name of the local wiki.

I'll have a look into the link parsing, maybe we can solve this in a
better way by checking whether the interwiki name exists in the
interwiki map.