[Moin-user] Problems with migration 1.5.3 --> 1.6.0

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Wed Jan 2 10:05:56 EST 2008

On Sunday, Dec 30th 2007 at 20:52 -0000, quoth Uwe Rehse:

=>Hi Steven,
=>
=>two hints for solving the problem:
=>
=>1) in my opionion the moin-command for data migration is not the
=>   same as moin.cgi, which is - as far as I know - "only" responsible
=>   for deliviering your HTML-page according to your browser request.
=>   According to the README.migration file one should call the script
=>   moin (for instance located at /usr/local/bin/ on my opensuse system
=>   or as moin.py at MoinMoin/script/)
=>   So it seems to me that you have seen your HTML output - still uncon-
=>   verted to 1.6.0
=>2) The conversion from 1.5.8 -> 1.6.0 on my system a few day ago was a
=>   two stage process: 1.5.8 -> 1.5.99, then I have had to edit a newly
=>   created file rename1.txt, which I have had to renamed in rename2.txt;
=>   then one had to call the migration command again.
=>   But, between both migration runs I got clear screen outputs about the
=>   things, what have to do next.
=>
=>I would suggest to check whether you called the right conversion script
=>and run the migration statement again.
=>
=>Greetings,
=>
=>Uwe

Thanks Uwe. It sort of worked and then it didn't. I got rename1.txt
created and then I copied it to rename2.txt (I didn't see anything that I
needed to change in it.) Then when I reran the moin command

moin --config-dir=/e/web/frambors/nicciwiki \
     --wiki-url=frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki migration data

everything seemed to be ok. Pages displayed just fine. Since then, I
didn't change anything and now it's all broken.

I did add

    Alias /moin_static160/ /usr/share/moin/htdocs/

to the apache config.

I go to
http://frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki/FraminghamWikiFrontPage

and it now says "This page does not exist yet. You can create a new empty
page, or use one of the page templates...."

I look in the root of the wiki

[root at saturn nicciwiki]# find . -name FraminghamWikiFrontPage
./data.pre160/pages/FraminghamWikiFrontPage
./data/pages/FraminghamWikiFrontPage

and I see a couple of copies. What I'm noticing is that every copy of the
revisions files are one short:

[root at saturn nicciwiki]# cat data/pages/FraminghamWikiFrontPage/current
00000143
[root at saturn nicciwiki]# cat
data.pre160/pages/FraminghamWikiFrontPage/current
00000142
[root at saturn nicciwiki]#

I don't know if that's a problem.

When I go to display the page, apache gives me an error in its error.log:

[Wed Jan 02 09:51:08 2008] [error] [client 12.198.241.225] 095108 INFO
logging initialized, referer:
http://frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki/moin.cgi/FraminghamWikiFrontPage

Any idea what I can do to go further? :-(

=>
=>Steven W. Orr schrieb:
=>> I downloaded the new software and built an rpm for my Fedora system.
=>>
=>> rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch/moin-1.6.0-1.noarch.rpm
=>>
=>> I copied in a copy of the new moin.cgi and made the modifications
=>> needed. I also updated the wikiconfig.py file.
=>>
=>> The URL is
=>>
=>> http://frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki/
=>>
=>> Then I went and ran the following command
=>>
=>> ./moin.cgi --config-dir=/e/web/frambors/nicciwiki \
=>>  	--wiki-url=frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki migration data
=>>
=>> It produced a lot of html as output but I two problems:
=>>
=>> 1 is that the
=>> http://frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki/FraminghamWikiFrontPage
=>> links in the front page are no longer hot.
=>>
=>> 2 is that the meta file in /e/web/frambors/nicciwiki/data says
=>>
=>> data_format_revision: 01050500
=>>
=>> Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I'm down now so sooner would
=>> be better :-(
=>>
=>> TIA
=>>