[Moin-user] I still have severe problems. Page creation is dead?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Fri Jan 4 13:55:22 EST 2008

On Friday, Jan 4th 2008 at 02:55 -0000, quoth Thomas Waldmann:

=>As you see here:
=>
=>http://frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki/RecentChanges?action=raw
=>
=>you did not install the new underlay pages (this is a rather generic
=>point of any moin upgrade, you get current underlay pages in the dist
=>archive under wiki/underlay/).

Thank you. This did the trick.

=>BTW, the base URL of your wiki should not change from out of nothing and
=>not from a moin upgrade. But if you edited your apache configuration,
=>the reason for the change has to be searched there.

A couple more questions

>From a previous question:
> My old URL was
>
> http://frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki/moin.cgi/FraminghamWikiFrontPage
>
> After the conversion, that URL is no longer valid. The correct URL Is
>
> http://frambors.syslang.net/nicciwiki/FraminghamWikiFrontPage

According to
http://moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling/ApacheOnLinux

Alias /moin_static160/ /usr/local/share/htdocs/
ScriptAlias /mywiki /usr/local/share/moin/mywiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi

In my case I have,

    Alias /images/ /e/web/image/
    Alias /images2/ /e/web/frambors/image/
    Alias /moin_static160/ /usr/share/moin/htdocs/
    ScriptAlias /nicciwiki /e/web/frambors/nicciwiki/moin.cgi

Could this be part of my problem re the change in URL?

Also, (new question), why do we not all set underlay_dir in wikiconfig.py
to just be /usr/share/moin/underlay, since it's all read-only?

TIA

steveo at syslang.net