[Moin-user] Migrating to 1.6 - was: Re: single user account, multiple wikis

Sebastian Haase sebastian.haase at mdc-berlin.de
Fri Jan 11 03:17:39 EST 2008

Hi Rick,
Your instructions at http://moinmo.in/RickVanderveer/MigratingFromMoin15ToMoin16
sound most useful !
However, the very first step sound "scary" to me:
"Install moin 1.6 onto your existing moin"

What does this really mean !?
Of course, noone would want to overwrite their current / working
system (1.5 most of the time)  before testing if ALL installtion steps
go trough (and some further testing) ...

What is REALLY needed to be copied from old (1.5) to new: only the
data directory-tree maybe !? (+ config files ?)

In general: were can I find the official README.migrating file -
before starting to download/extract/install the new 1.6  ?? Could it
be put on the wiki ?
(Also: is there a simplified version, which ONLY covers the most
common case of going from 1.5 to 1.6 ?)

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase