[Moin-user] Where is standalone server moin.py in 1.6.0?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 10:38:59 EST 2008

I'm trying to follow
http://moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling/StandaloneServer on Windows XP using
moin 1.6.0.

The comment "Copy moin.py to your wiki directory, where your
wikiconfig.py is" is puzzling me. The only two moin.py files I got
installed (using a bdist_wininst installer I built myself from
setup.py) are

D:\Apps\Python25\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\script\moin.py
D:\Apps\Python25\share\moin\server\moin.py

The first just says "# see the toplevel directory for the real
moin.py" and the second is the moin utility script (moin migration,
moin maint etc).

Where should I find a suitable standalone server moin.py script?

Paul.

PS Would it make sense to have utility script commands "moin instance
create" and maybe "moin server standalone"? (No promises, but I'll see
if I can contribute patches).