[Moin-user] Mangled new page link with moin 1.6?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Jan 14 12:52:15 EST 2008

> I'm trying a new installation of moin 1.6. Followed instructions and
> have the standalone and CGI versions working. I can browse all available
> pages, create users, change themes, etc.
>
> However -- creating new pages is broken.
>
> Specifically, going to (with standalone server for simplicity)
> http://localhost:8080/Something gets me to the page saying "This page
> does not exist yet" and there is a link for "Create new empty page". The
> URL for that link is  http://localhost:8080/ssingPage?action=edit and
> not http://localhost:8080/Something?action=edit like I thought it would
> be. Of course it ends up creating the page "ssingPage" instead.
>
> What's happening is it is taking the name "MissingPage" and taking the N
> last letters from it to create the link name, where N is name length of
> the page I want to create. If I want to create the page "Hello", the
> page it tries to create is "gPage".
>
> What's going on?

That would be nice to know. :)

The strange thing is that we use the standalone server all the time for
testing and we never had such a problem with it.

I suggest you file a bug report on the moin wiki and give much more
details. Try it with a fresh download of the moin dist archive and just
unpack it (don't do other changes or configuration) and start ./moin.py
and try to reproduce your problem.

Give Python and OS Version in your bug report.