[Moin-user] Editing many local files with moin

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Jan 22 05:49:25 EST 2008

> I'm running MoinMoin in an intranet environment and there is a need to
> edit many (100+) local files through the web

What does "edit through the web" mean? Like a wiki page?

> with a usual set of wiki
> features (privilege separation, version control, etc).

Moin offers this.

> I also would like to provide an FTP access to the files.

Moin does not do FTP. And it would not work with revisioning.

> So far, I can't see the possibility to solve the problem -- even
> manual importing wouldn't help, since I lose the ability to share the
> files through FTP.

Not sure why you need FTP when you can have HTTP.

There is raw action to get the wiki page content, there is action Load
to load a page from a file and action Save to save a page into a file.

> The files are now in reSturcturedText format, but I know how to install
> additional parsers, so this is not a problem.

Moin has a builtin parser for reST (#format rst).

> P.S. If I decline the idea with FTP, is there any way to import many
> local files in moinmoin?

You can use wiki xmlrpc. There are some samples in
MoinMoin/script/xmlrpc and .../old/xmlrpc.