[Moin-user] globally disable icon toolbar on 1.5.3

oneman lists at onemanifest.net
Wed Jul 9 01:06:40 EDT 2008

On 9-jul-2008, at 4:43, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:34 PM, oneman <lists at onemanifest.net> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> How can I globally disable the icon toolbar in Moinmoin 1.5.3? The
>> user has a userpreference to turn it on or off. But I'd like to turn
>> it of globally for a wiki that is used as a makeshift CMS. I looked
>> around but couldn't find a config setting for it.
>

> I *think*, but am not 100% sure, that if you set page_iconbar to
> nothing you will get what you want.
>
>     page_iconbar = [,]

No, doesn't work. In the config file it leads to an error or, in the
case of page_iconbar = [], has no effect. When editing the <theme>.py
is results in an error too, using page_iconbar = [] results in the
text 'none' being displayed on the page.

I've got the same issue with the page trail. There don't seem to be
an easy way to force userprefs globally like you can for the theme.

Maybe a combination of setting the default userprefs in multiconfig
and hiding them on the prefs page might work, I'll look into that later.

thanks,

Peter