[Moin-user] Problem with upgrade to moin-1.7.1 and AD auth

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Jul 21 10:41:44 EDT 2008

>> The problematic line seems to be related to the http auth code that I
>> use for AD authentication:

Note that you can also access AD directly by using ldap auth plugin
(gives some more features than just getting the auth user name, like
updating the email addr from AD, for example).

>> from MoinMoin.auth.http import http
>> from MoinMoin.auth import moin_session
>> auth = [http, moin_session]
>>
>> Any ideas what I can do to solve the issue?
>
> Looks like it now has to be:
>
> from MoinMoin.auth.http import HTTPAuth
> auth = [HTTPAuth()]

Exactly.

> Why does this have to change with every new version?

Sorry about that, but sometimes you don't find the right (and most
flexible) way from the beginning, but you have to gradually improve it.

The latest change from auth functions to auth objects was necessary to
support stuff like OpenID. And, as a side effect, it made other auth
methods also much better configurable and much more flexible.

For example, if you have a domain controller and a backup domain
controller (both AD/LDAP servers), you can now configure them both and
have failover in case your DC stops working.

I think it can stay now like it is for a while, it is hopefully flexible
enough now.