[Moin-user] Moinmoin 1.7.0, LDAP (ActiveDirectory) and Group based acls

Krzysztof Stryjek wtp at wtp3.org
Mon Jul 21 15:27:58 EDT 2008

Hello,

Dnia Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 06:05:54PM +0200, Thomas Waldmann napisał(a):
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> >where acl are like:
> >#acl SomeGroup: read,write,admin All:
>
> This is not correct (and won't work), there must not be a space after SomeGroup:.

Yes, it's my mistake on this post. At moin pages there is:
#acl MitGroup:read,write,admin All:

and as I wrote (I think so) I have "MitGroup" page with only accounts:
 * acc1
 * acc2
 * acc3
(non of this accounts are my wiki "superuser")

> >auth_methods_trustes = [ ???, ??? ]
>
> Quoting from MoinMoin/config/multiconfig.py:
>
>     # default to http and xmlrpc_applytoken to get old semantics
>     # xmlrpc_applytoken shall be removed once that code is changed
>     # to have proper session handling and use request.handle_auth()
>     auth_methods_trusted = ['http', 'xmlrpc_applytoken']
>
> This is the correct setting name, you only need that one. :)

Sorry, but I don't understand. So now wich auth_methods I shold have?
As I've written when I logged in as acc1 membership of MitGroup is not
honoured :-(((

> >I've tried many methods: http, values set to LDAPAuth.name attribute,
> >but still administrative logins are not recognized.
>
> I think this is unrelated. The trusted stuff is only for the builtin "Trusted:" group (similar to "Known:" and "All:" groups).
>
> If you use your own group anyway (and you don't use "Trusted:" in ACLs), you don't need to care for that.

I think now it is much clear. 'All:' is not only predefined Groups :-)))

I hope that now my problem is explained more clear.

I would like to say, that your work is great and moinmoin wiki is very
useful at my work to build documentation very quicly and easy. I hope
my some posts will be helpful to make moinmoin better.

Greetings
--
/~\ The ASCII                  Krzysztof Stryjek
\ / Ribbon Campaign            wtp (at) wtp3.org
/ \ Email!               GG: 3608113 JID:wtp at chrome.pl

War doesn't prove who's right, just who's left.