[Moin-user] moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de:8000/?action=xmlrpc2 delivers error message

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Jun 10 11:12:07 EDT 2008

> The bottom of the BadContent page of our 1.5.3 MoinMoin wiki says:
>     BadContent (last edited 2008-03-05 16:54:04 by Antispam subsystem)
> So the Antispam subsystem has not updated this file recently.

Looks like.

Is maybe some firewall blocking the outgoing connection recently?

> Our wikiconfig.py contains:
>     from MoinMoin.util.antispam import SecurityPolicy

That's ok. Are there other SecurityPolicy definitions there?

> My understanding is that antispam.py executes:
>     http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de:8000/?action=xmlrpc2
>
> However, that page is delivering the error:

That URL is only useful for a xmlrpc client, if you go there with a
browser, the server side is missing xmlrpc request data.

I checked http://wiki.python.de/BadContent and it seems to fetch updates
(it is running 1.5.5a, rather old code like yours), so the problem seems
to sit somewhere between moinmaster and your wiki server.