[Moin-user] Help Migrating 1.5.5a from Linux to Windows

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 9 16:04:56 EDT 2008

--- "Scott R. Ehrlich" <scott at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> I have been charged with the task of migrating a production Moin
> 1.5.5a wiki
> from Linux to a Windows XP Pro w/Service Pack 2 system.  I did get
> the out of
> box configuration going with Apache2 and ActivePerl, but now I need
> to learn
> how to integrate the links and other stuff from the Linux system (it
> was
> tar.gz'd for me) to the Windows system.
>
> What files in mywiki, apache, and anywhere else do I need to update?

Hopefully you meant ActivePython rather than ActivePerl.

The way I would go about it is to stay on Linux.  But if you must go
Windows I would install a new 1.6.1 wiki using either Apache with
FastCGI, modpython, or maybe modWSGI.  It is probably easiest to use
whatever was used on Linux and copy the Linux Apache statements over to
Windows apache.  See http://moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling for links to
your favorite flavor of Apache.

Once you can access the frontpage of the new wiki, you should be able
to unzip the Linux wiki and move/copy/rename it to your mywiki root.
Run the migration scripts to go from 1.5.5 to 1.6.1.  Read the
migration instructions and recopy the underlay and htdocs directory
from 1.6.1 (if needed).

That should get you running.  Check RecentChanges to see if there are
any issues caused by changed/mangled timestamps on the wiki files.

Roger