[Moin-user] Templates v. ACLs

Greg Noel GregNoel at tigris.org
Mon Mar 10 06:12:07 EDT 2008

On Mar 9, 2008, at 5:43 PM, I wrote:

> I have a problem with templates.  The problem is that the ACL I
> want on the template page is not the same as the ACL I want on the
> page that's instantiated from the template.

I've been trying to come up with an idea to make this work.  The only
one I've found so far goes like this:

The ACL in the page can be divided into two parts by a @TEMPLATE:
marker.  When the page is read as a normal page, this marker stops
the scan of the ACLs (at least the ACLS in the page; the usual
acl_rights_after processing still takes place).  When the page is
instantiated as a template, everything up to the @TEMPLATE: marker is
removed; this becomes the ACL for the new page (if the ACL is then
empty, the line is removed).

Is there a reason why this won't work?  If it will work, where should
I start looking at the sources to make a fix?  I need this pretty
urgently, so I need to get started on it now.

Thanks in advance for any help,
-- Greg Noel, retired UNIX guru