[Moin-user] moving attachments

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Mar 13 13:26:17 EDT 2008

Dr. Uwe Werner schrieb:
> This shows us that attachements are dealt with rather poorly by Moin.

Yes, AttachFile is rather old & crappy code, a quick hack from 2001. No
news. :)

We are trying to unify attachments with page storage, there has been
some work by Heinrich Wendel in SOC 2007, but it needs some more work
before we can switch to the new backend.

After that, attachments will be handled by same code as page items, will
have revisions, own ACLs, other metadata, same UI functions, etc.

> In addition to this lack of usability, the otherwise nice feature
> "wiki sync" completely ignores attachments.

I guess this will also be solved by that.