[Moin-user] Two question about migration to moin 1.6.2

Sebastian Haase sebastian.haase at mdc-berlin.de
Tue Mar 25 04:17:16 EDT 2008

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Assuming I have currently 1.5.8 installed and running --
I read the "Post 1.5.3 new style migration" instructions:

Post 1.5.3 new style migration
        2 ==============================
        3
        4 First you have to do all steps described in the sections
below or it won't work.
        5
        6 After you have switched to new style migration, the
procedure will be the same
        7 with every moin upgrade, simply follow these steps:
        8
        9   a) First switch to the user of your data directory
(www-data normally):
       10       e. g. sudo -u www-data sh
       11       or su www-data
       12
       13   b) Invoke the following command:
       14       moin --config-dir=/path/to/config_dir
--wiki-url=wiki.example.org/ migration data
       15
       16       Note: If you did not use setup.py, you can call the
moin script directly. It is
       17       located in MoinMoin/script/moin.py
       18
       19 The new style mig stuff will then load the config for that
wiki, get into its
       20 data_dir, read the meta file content and determine what it
has to do internally.

Two questions:
 I) after changing user, what should be my *current directory* when
executing  "moin --config-dir=/path/to/config_dir
--wiki-url=wiki.example.org/ migration data"   ?

 II) does the wiki have to be running when executing the "moin
....migration data" script ?
  [I have the desktop (standalone / non-apache) version -- does that
make a difference ?]

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase