[Moin-user] moin 1.6 attachments behaviour

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Mar 26 12:35:22 EDT 2008

Hi Rick,

> However, I too am getting hate-mail over the confusion with attachments
> from my users.  Is there a way, based on mimetypes or other mechanism,
> to specify which files get downloaded and which get displayed?

Well, it would be a big problem (esp. in the future) to generate
different links depending on the link target's mimetype (that would have
a big performance impact as you would have to determine the mimetype of
every link target to render a page).

Thus, the only place we could handle stuff differently in an automatic
way is on the rendered view of the link target. But if you just look at
a non-wiki-page item, wouldn't it be strange to automatically trigger a
download? What if the user did not want that? Then he would get a
auto-downloaded no matter what...

If someone has an idea, feel free. :)

Cheers,

Thomas