[Moin-user] Editing many local files with moin

R.Bauer rb.proj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 14:44:26 EDT 2008

Dmitriy Zotikov schrieb:
> На Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:26:05 +0100
> Thomas Waldmann <tw-public at gmx.de> записано:
>
>>> However, I wonder how does http://master.moinmo.in/MoinI18n/* work,
>>> since, AFAIU, all changes made on, say,
>>> http://master.moinmo.in/MoinI18n/ru, *using wiki interface* go to a
>>> trunk tree (or sort of).
>> I have a script transfering the content from there to the po files in
>> the MoinMoin/i18n/ dir, updating it there and transferring the
>> updated content back to the wiki. It uses wiki xmlrpc to do this.
>
> Doesn't it seem like a typical task for you? So that there could be a
> simple solution in futute moin versions -- like "Import directory tree"
> action.  You feed a directory to it -- and viola! you have centralized
> RCS with comfortable web-interface.

Hi

that's quite easy to achieve by using a MoinMoin package

http://moinmo.in/HelpOnPackageInstaller

you can write a simple shell script which did the mapping of the file
structure and attachments into the special file MOIN_PACKAGE

MoinMoinPackage|1
AddRevision|page_1|FrontPage|
AddAttachment|2_attachment|song.wav|FrontPage|HansMustermann|thats an
example song.
print|ready

Then you have to create a zip file of page_1, 2_attachment and MOIN_PACKAGE

You can upload that file and install it on your wiki
or you can import it directly using the package command.

cheers
Reimar