[Moin-user] Confused lists

Jim Wight j.k.wight at ncl.ac.uk
Thu May 8 03:48:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 17:02 +0100, Barry Cornelius wrote:
> On Wed, 7 May 2008, Jim Wight wrote:
> > * list item
> >
> > term:: definition
> >
> > renders (in Firefox) as
> >
> > * list item
> >
> >   term
> >        definition
>
> I guess a botch is to do:
> * list item
> [[BR]]
> term:: definition
>
> But I guess that will give you more vertical space than you want.
>
> Note:  We are using 1.5.3.  I believe [[BR]] is written as <<BR>> in
> 1.6.x.

Yes, that gives more space than wanted.

We have adopted the definition list for presenting certain information
in a stylised way in certain pages in order to facilitate searching for
summarising in other pages (using the SearchInPagesAndSort macro). In
this case it just happened to be preceded by a list. What made matters
worse was that it was immediately followed by another unordered
list/definition list combination, so the problem escalated. However,
nesting the definition lists within the unordered list items gives an
acceptable layout for now.

Jim