[Moin-user] Problem migrating 1.5.8 to 1.6.3

Christopher Brandt xtopher.brandt at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:39:22 EDT 2008

Thomas Waldmann <tw-public <at> gmx.de> writes:

> That looks like data/edit-log contains 'moin-1.5.8/' at a place where it
> should rather have a timestamp (integer).
>
> Maybe just fix that manually with some sane editor and try to run the
> migration again.

The data/edit-log file appeared to be corrupted. I compared it the edit-log of
the wiki I had successfully migrated and realized the format and contents made
no sense. So I deleted the contents of the file and was able to migrate.

I'm guessing that means I've lost all of the edits to my pages. But I also lost
my account information in the migration. Could that be related? I'm using simple
Moin Authentication, where is that information stored?

Thanks
Chris.