[Moin-user] Upgrade to 1.6 A Painful Failure

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:52:35 EDT 2008

On 14 May 2008 00:41:25 -0700, Sebastian Haase wrote:

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Ted Stern <dodecatheon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 13 May 2008 14:42:21 -0700, Malte Helmert wrote:
>>  >
>>  > skip at pobox.com wrote:
>>  >>     >> If you install the ChatZilla extension, yes, it does.
>>  >>
>>  >>     Paul> But AIUI it doesn't use HTTP, so if you are behind a firewall you
>>  >>     Paul> may not be able to get IRC even via ChatZilla.
>>  >>
>>  >> Sure, if the irc port is blocked you'd be hosed.
>>  >
>>  > There are a number of web-based IRC clients which can be used if the
>>  > IRC port is blocked. Googling for irc web client (no quotes) will
>>  > find some options. I've tried one of them once with success, but
>>  > can't remember which one. It's much more basic than a decent IRC
>>  > client, but it's better than getting no access at all.
>>  >
>>  > Malte
>>  >

>>  This looks reasonable.  It is not anonymous, your IP address is
>>  recorded.
>>
>>           http://www.mibbit.com/
>>
> This looks great !   Which server do I select ? Which channel ?

Someone has helpfully added a mibbit.com link to the
http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinChat page, all configured to start you up in
the right place.  If you are doing this by hand, the channel you want is

     #moin
or
     #moin-dev

Use the Freenode.net pull down as the server.

> Thanks,
> Sebastian

 dodecatheon at gmail dot com
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal