[Moin-user] GetText and other functions not working after update to 1.6.3

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Fri May 16 08:30:19 EDT 2008

Barry Scott schrieb:
> Thomas Waldmann wrote:
>>> However I cannot create new pages I see "Action(edit,Create new empty
>>> page)
>>> <http://vault/engineering/Action%28edit%2CCreate%20new%20empty%20page%29>"
>>> and when I look at my profile I see a lot of "GetText(blah)".
>>>
>> You need to:
>>
>> a) make a backup of your existing underlay dir (see wikiconfig
>> data_underlay_dir) - just for the case, there shouldn't be anything
>> important of your data in it.
>>
>> b) remove the underlay
>>
>> c) copy the new underlay from the moin dist archive
>>
>> d) restart moin
>>

> Thank you. That has fixed the problems we saw.
>
> Did I miss something in the docs about the migration to do with underlay?

Well, maybe you took README.migration to be everything that needs to be
done. That is not the case, that file is just about getting your
data_dir updated.

But if you get new code, new css, images, new server adaptor scripts,
new underlay with a new moin release, it is likely you want to install
all of them.