[Moin-user] code blocks and indentation (redux)

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sat May 17 11:59:43 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Poor Yorick
<net.sourceforge.lists.moin-user at pooryorick.com> wrote:
> I'm aware of restructured text, but I just wanted to point out that the
> moinmoin wiki parser could make this improvement.  There's no ambiguity,
> because if someone has gone to the trouble of indenting the initial "{{{", they
> are clearly trying to indent the code chunk, but not double-indent it as in the
> current case.

That presents the problem that existing pages can change
interpretation, though, which can "break" existing pages.  How serious
that will be, I don't know.

I'll let people who are using the default moin wiki dialect determine
how significant such breakage might be; I'm sticking to
reStructuredText (the default on all my wikis).  :-)

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>