[Moin-user] MoinMoin Questions

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:13:50 EDT 2008

Welcome Keith!
I cannot comment on most of your questions (you'll need on of the
developers to chime in), but I just wanted to say that it's *because*
Moin doesn't rely on a database back-end that I selected it as my
wiki-software of choice.  :-)  I understand that, on principle, many
people like the idea of a database-driven site-- but I think you'll
find, as long as you don't anticipate as many sustained hits as
Wikipedia.org, that performance is quite fine. :-)

Also, not sure if this helps or not, but I noticed the start of this
database plugin that may help you in pulling data from an existing
database:
http://moinmo.in/MacroMarket/DataBase

-Rick