[Moin-user] Again problems with error logging with new logging mechanism

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sun Nov 2 19:39:07 EST 2008

> log.load_config('C:/Python24/share/moin/config/logging/stderr')

That means your log output will go to stderr.

> os.environ['MOIN_DEBUG'] = '1'

I never use that.

> in moin.cgi with apache and moinmoin1.7

If you run cgi, stderr goes to apache's error.log IIRC.

> 2)Then I force a dummy "import notexist" in some own
> plugin/action/test.py, (notexist really not exist), activate
> this action via
>
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/moin1.cgi?action=test

I did exactly that, using no configuration at all and just
running ./wikiserver.py from the console and got the traceback to the
console.

> 3) see nothing there. In the old times I saw a detailed error message
> on my screen.

I don't think you ever get something on your screen if you use apache.
But if you just use wikiserver.py, you'll have it on screen, by default.