[Moin-user] Authentication

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 12:25:32 EST 2008

Hey Waqas,How this works is that, before Apache even begins to process any
python (Moin) requests, it first must pass the authentication rule.  Once
the user enters his domain\username & password, Apache then passes that to
the SSPI module, which knows how to talk to a Windows Domain Controller.
 The module has a single purpose of saying "yes" or "no" on whether this
user is valid or not, and passes this back to Apache. If yes, then Apache
processes the next step (in this case, python). If no, then it redirects to
it's 401 error page (remember, you can also create a nice looking 401 error
page, which gives your server a finishing touch).

Yes, the SSPI module is easily able to handle multiple domains, as long as
the Domain Controllers are all talking to each other.  So, if a user from
Office-A can log onto a computer in Office-B, then you will have no problem
with your Apache-Moin installation. (this is the exact configuration for my
set-up, and it works perfectly!).

Hope this helps!

-Rick