[Moin-user] Apache2 HTTPS Client Cert: User idenification

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Wed Oct 1 19:22:47 EDT 2008

hi Rick,

Am Montag, den 29.09.2008, 14:53 -0500 schrieb Rick Vanderveer:
> Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think accessing the wiki via
> either https or plain old http is a separate issue from actually

no, you're right. i know http is only for encrypting the connection. But
if you use client certification auth, it is similar, like auth per
password, i think. I looked and tested FakeBasicAuth, but did not
understand how i can use it. Or in other words: i put the lines into our
apache config, but nothing changes. On the RecentChanges we see the IP,
but not the username ... hope, you understand now better, what i
want :-)

cu denny